Laowa 17mm F1.8 MFT
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 34mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Super ED Element
A comfortable wide-angle prime for Micro Four Thirds, the Laowa 17mm f1.8 MFT is characterized by its especially sleek and lightweight design, making it ideal for use as a walkaround and travel lens. Despite its compactness, it sports a bright f/1.8 design for working in difficult lighting and the 34mm-equivalent wide-angle field of view suits working with subjects ranging from landscapes to portraits. One Super ED element is featured in the optical design and helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for high clarity and color accuracy.
Find other Laowa Lens Here
Additionally, a Frog Eye Coating has also been applied to the front element to guard against water and dust, and the lens’s manual focus design permits working with subjects as close 5.9″ away.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 34mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in dark and difficult lighting conditions.
- One Super ED (extra-low dispersion) element is featured to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing for clearer and more color-accurate imagery.
- Frog Eye Coating has been applied to the front element to help repel water and dust.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 5.9″ away.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood blocks stray light from causing flare and also offers some physical protection to the front of the lens.