Laowa 12mm T2.9 Zero-D Cine
- EF Mount Lens, T2.9 to T22 Aperture
- 122° Angle of View, Low Distortion
- Covers Full Frame/VistaVision/ALEXA LF
- 7″ Close Focus, 0.8 MOD Cine Gears
The Canon EF mount Laowa 12mm T2.9 Zero-D Cine Lens from Venus Optics provides a wide, 122° angle of view well suited for outdoor and landscape shots and in tight interior locations, and it is optimized for digital cinematography. It is so lightweight and compact that it can be used not only with handheld shooting, it is also light enough for use on gimbals. The lens produces an image circle that will cover full-frame, VistaVision, and ARRI ALEXA LF sized sensors or smaller.
Find other Laowa lenses here
The 12mm cine lens features a maximum aperture of T2.9 with 16 elements in 10 groups. Its 7-blade aperture provides a soft, pleasing bokeh, a shallow depth of field with little to no distortion, and a 7″ close focus distance. The focus and aperture rings feature industry-standard 0.8 pitch gearing that will accommodate standard cine follow focus motors. The 102mm front diameter can be stepped up to 114mm with the included adapter to fit industry-standard matte boxes to prevent glare and reflection, as well as to add filters. Focus, aperture, and depth of field markings are in feet on the side of the lens to aid focus pullers.
In addition to the 114mm step-up adapter ring, a shim set is included for calibration, and a hard-shell Pelican case with custom foam is included to protect and transport the lens.
- Ultra wide-angle 12mm T2.9 prime designed for EF mount cine cameras with up to full-frame/VistaVision/ALEXA LF sensor
- Designed with 16 elements in 10 groups, low distortion, and 7-blade iris
- 102mm front diameter with 114mm step-up adapter ring to fit industry-standard matte box
- 7″ close focus, smooth 270° focus rotation, and standard 0.8 MOD focus ring
- Shim set and hard-shell Pelican case with custom foam are included