IRIX 95mm Edge Circular Polarizer Filter
- Circular Polarizer Filter
- 1.25x Filter Factor, +0.3 Stop
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
The Irix 95mm Edge Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges and filters this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
Find other IRIX lenses here
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is constructed from Schott glass for increased clarity and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring that can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. An additional water-repellent and stain-resistant coating on each glass surface offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops.
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections.
- Additional water-repellent and stain-resistant coating on each glass surface offers greater protection to the filter substrate.
- Thin, aluminum-alloy filter ring helps to prevent vignetting while remaining durable and lightweight.
- Filter ring can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect.
- 95mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- Side knurlings to provide a more textured grip when mounting or removing it from a lens.
- Constructed from Schott glass for increased clarity.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.