IRIX 15mm F2.4 Firefly
- Canon EF-Mount/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.4 to f/22
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Two ED and Three HR Elements
An impressively wide prime lens, the Canon EF-mount Irix 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens from Irix meshes an advanced optical design with a lightweight, durable physical construction. The expansive field of view is complemented by a sophisticated optical layout that utilizes low dispersion, aspherical, and high-refractive glass elements, as well as a Neutrino coating, to render imagery with low distortion, controlled spherical and chromatic aberrations, high contrast, and natural color rendering.
Find other IRIX lenses here
In addition to the imaging performance, this 15mm f/2.4 utilizes a manual focus design for fine-tuned control, and incorporates a unique positive focus lock to secure the focusing position at any point for consistent, repeatable shooting. As the Firefly version of this focal length, this lens is also distinguished by a lightweight ABS plastic exterior, printed lens markings, and weather-sealing about the lens housing to permit working in trying environmental conditions.
- The Firefly version of the 15mm f/2.4 lens features a lightweight ABS plastic exterior construction that is sealed against moisture and dust along the main body of the lens. The Firefly construction also incorporates a rubber focus ring for improved grip and control, and has printed focus distance and depth of field scales to aid working with pre-focusing and hyperfocal focusing techniques.
- Wide-angle prime designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Two aspherical, three high-refractive index, and two extra-low dispersion elements are featured within the optical design to limit both spherical and chromatic aberrations, as well as color fringing and distortion, for improved clarity, sharpness, and even illumination.
- A Neutrino coating has been applied to limit lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus designed is benefitted by a positive focus lock mechanism to secure your focus position at any point to limit unwanted shifting of focus.
- A hard click stop indicates the infinity position on the focus ring for easy use in low-visibility conditions.
- Large depth of field scale benefits using hyperfocal and pre-focus techniques.
- Front of lens has 95mm-diameter filter threads and the rear of the lens accepts 30 x 30mm cut gel filters to lessen the likelihood of vignetting.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to smooth bokeh.
- Includes complimentary additional rear lens cap.
There are no reviews yet.