ujifilm 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 Overview
In regards to the optical design, this lens incorporates five extra-low dispersion elements and one Super extra-low dispersion element, which reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for increased clarity and color fidelity. Additionally a nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus techniques.
- Designed for APS-C-format X-mount mirrorless cameras, this telephoto zoom offers a 152-609mm equivalent focal length range to suit working with distant subjects.
- The 21 elements, 14 groups optical design includes five extra-low dispersion elements and one Super extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range.
- A five stop-effective optical image stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- The twin linear motor autofocus system delivers quick and smooth autofocus performance that is especially beneficial when working with fast-moving subjects.
- A focus limiter switch on the side of the lens barrel lets you constrain the focusing range to either the full range of 5.7′ to infinity, or from 16.4′ to infinity for faster focusing performance with distant subjects.
- A fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to guard against smudging, moisture, and dust.
- The lens body incorporates 13 distinct weather seals in 12 locations to protect against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions. Additionally, the weather-sealed design also permits working in temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zoom-lock switch prevents unwanted zoom creep from occurring and also can be used to maintain the same zoom position while shooting.
- The included lens hood incorporates a sliding window to allow easier adjustment of rotating filters, such as a polarizer, while the hood is installed.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar allows for well-balanced mounting and shooting when working from a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with the optional XF 1.4x TC WR teleconverter for extending the effective focal length to an equivalent 213-853mm.