FUJIFILM X-E2S Mirrorless Digital Camera
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans II CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 0.5″ 2,360k-Dot OLED Viewfinder
For image monitoring, review, and menu navigation, both a 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 1,040k-dot LCD screen are available. The body design extends this versatility through the implementation of manual, physical control dials on the top plate of the camera as well as seven different customizable buttons and a Q Menu button for expedited access to some of the most useful settings. This control scheme further enables an intuitive, built-in Wi-Fi system for direct sharing of imagery for instant sharing online.
Full HD 1080p movie recording in multiple frame rates is possible and a 2.5mm microphone input permits the use of an optional external microphone for improved audio quality with recordings. Full-time continuous focusing is supported while taking video, also, as well as the use of Film Simulation modes. Film Simulation modes make use of Fujifilm’s history of producing both negative and slide films and allow you to apply those films’ characteristics to your digital imagery to better suit your intended look.
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- A large, 16.3MP, APS-C, CMOS image sensor is integrated into the X-E2S to provide high image quality and detail. Using Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans bespoke pixel array, the sensor is designed with a randomized pixel pattern to eliminate the need of an optical low-pass filter for reducing moiré and aliasing. By removing this filter from the design, higher image sharpness is possible.
For photographing in low-light situations, an ISO sensitivity of up to 51200 is provided.
- EXR Processor II
- Aside from benefitting low-light performance, the EXR Processor II also provides quick performance throughout the entire camera system. The camera start-up time is about 0.5 seconds, shutter lag is about 0.05 seconds, and the shooting interval time is about 0.5 seconds. Additionally, this processing power provides enough speed to capture full resolution images at a continuous rate of 7 fps for up to 18 consecutive frames.
- Multiple Autofocus Modes for Speed and Accuracy
- Intelligent Hybrid AF is a quick, responsive autofocus system that employs both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly in a wide variety of lighting conditions and shooting situations. Clear focus can be attained in as little as 0.06 seconds to aid in catching fast-paced movement more easily. Three focus modes are available (AF-S, AF-C, and M) for greater control over how the X-E2 achieves sharp focus. The autofocus system features a 49-point Single Point mode for fast, precise focusing, as well as Zone and Wide/Tracking modes that utilize a 77-point area to better capture moving subjects. Complementing these autofocus options is a silent electronic shutter that is capable of capturing images at up to 1/32000 of a second.
- Classic Camera Design
- Featuring a body design reminiscent of film cameras, the X-E2S exhibits a meshing of both analog exposure controls along with intelligent automated technologies. The clean and functional body design incorporates physical shutter speed and two command dials that pair well with the manual aperture rings found on many of the XF lenses for intuitive exposure settings. Seven different buttons are customizable depending on individual needs and an easily-accessible Q Menu provides a one-touch solution to modifying some of the most frequently used camera settings, such as ISO, white balance, and file settings.
For live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, both a bright, clear 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 1,040k-dot LCD monitor with reinforced glass construction are available.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps with a high bit-rate of 36 Mbps. Frame rates of 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, and 24 fps, are also provided to support motion picture formats across multiple regions. Up to 14 and 27 minutes of video can be recorded in full HD 1080p and 720p respectively.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images when using the Fujifilm Camera Remote App. Sharing of imagery is further expedited by simply pressing and holding the dedicated Wi-Fi button to begin transferring immediately.
- Film Simulation Mode and Advanced Filters
- Taking advantage of Fujifilm’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-E2S integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm’s classic film types. These include a Classic Chrome mode that delivers muted tones and deep colors. Pulling from their line of transparency films, PROVIA offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, VELVIA produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, ASTIA gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones, and a Classic Chrome mode that delivers muted tones and deep colors. Mimicking their negative films, PRO Neg. Std. gives smooth image tones that are suitable for accurate color renditions, while PRO Neg. Hi produces a more dramatic feel with the ability to draw color out of a variety of lighting conditions. In addition to the colorful benefits of these Film Simulation modes, there are also monochrome modes that simulate the look of traditional yellow, green, and red black and white contrast filters. A sepia mode is also available for producing an inherently nostalgic look.
Eight Advanced Filters are also available to creatively enhance the look of imagery, and include: High Key, Low Key, Soft Focus, Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, Dynamic Tone, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple).
- Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in 14-bit RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface. Additionally, for more thorough processing of files, RAW File Converter software is included for RAW image processing on your computer.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired, film simulation effects are applicable, and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD.
- An Auto Mode Switch allows you to instantly change to an advanced auto mode with optimized settings
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner
- Super Intelligent pop-up flash provides supplemental fill lighting when needed
- Photos can be sent to an instax SHARE Smartphone Printer using the instax SHARE app for iOS or Android
- A separately-available hand grip offers increased comfort for holding over long durations