FUJIFILM FinePix S9800
Both a 920k-dot electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 460k-dot rear LCD screen are available for monitoring and image playback, as well as for accessing the menu system for applying creative Advanced Filters, using the HDR mode, or creating in-camera 360° panoramic photos.
- 16.2 MP BSI-CMOS Sensor
- A 16.2 MP 1/2.3″ BSI-CMOS sensor produces high-resolution stills and full HD 1080i/60 video, as well as contributes to notable sensitivity to ISO 12800 and a top continuous shooting rate of 10 fps. Additionally, the sensor pairs with an image processor to realize quick performance throughout the camera system, including a 1 second start-up time, 0.15 second autofocus time, and a 0.6 second shooting interval time.
- Fujinon 50x Optical Zoom Lens
- Covering wide-angle to super-telephoto perspectives, the Fujinon 50x optical zoom lens provides an equivalent focal length range of 24-1200mm to suit working in nearly any environment. Intelligent Digital Zoom can be used to effectively double this range to 100x, with minimal image quality degradation, to benefit working with very distant subjects. For working with very close subject matter, a Super Macro mode permits focusing as closely as 0.4″ away.
Five-axis image stabilization combines both two-axis optical (pitch and yaw) and three-axis digital (roll, vertical shift, and horizontal shift) image stabilization systems, and helps to compensate for camera shake across all pertinent axes. This helps to realize sharper, clear imagery when shooting stills at slower shutter speeds or just maintain a steady frame when recording video on the move.
- Body Design
- Inspired by the traditional form factor of a DSLR, this point-and-shoot features a large ergonomic grip to better support working with the long zoom lens. At the side of the lens, a lever is used to easily adjust the zoom position with your left hand while your right hand can be used to configure other camera settings. Additionally, both a 920k-dot electronic viewfinder and a 3.0″ 460k-dot LCD monitor are available for monitoring and image review.
- Other Camera Features
- Interval Timer shooting permits taking successive photos at predetermined intervals for creating time-lapse imagery. Intervals can be set at 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 60 seconds, 30 seconds, or 15 seconds.
- For creatively enhancing the look of your imagery in-camera, 11 different Advanced Filters are available, including Sketch, Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, Soft Focus, Cross Screen, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple), High-Key, Low-Key, Dynamic Tone, and Fish-Eye.
- An HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode allows you to gain greater detail in the highlight and shadow regions of a scene in order to avoid overexposed highlights or blocked shadows.
- Zoom Bracketing mode enables three images to be taken at once at varying degrees of magnification.
- Natural Light & with Flash will automatically capture two exposures at once: one with flash and one without.
- Face Tracking Autofocus helps to maintain crisp focus on subjects’ faces as they move throughout the scene.
- Face Detection optimizes exposure settings based on up to 10 recognized faces, and can automatically detect and remove red-eye. Six SR AUTO modes can be used to optimize exposure setting based on recognized scene types, including Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, and Backlit Portrait.
- Shooting modes: SR AUTO, AUTO, Advanced Mode, Scene Position, Motion Panorama, Custom, Program AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, and Manual.
- Scene Position settings: Portrait, Landscape, Night (Tripod), Snow, Flower, Baby Mode, Sport, Fireworks, Beach, text, Smile & Shoot, Night, Sunset, and Party.
- Motion Panorama 360 allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.