Canon M6 Overview
Alongside the imaging attributes, the EOS M6 also incorporates a large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive control, and the screen’s design tilts to enable easier shooting from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 9 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to a 60 fps frame rate. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera startup time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Combination IS
- Combination IS uses the built-in 5-axis digital image stabilization in conjunction with lens-based image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilization.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0″ touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a tilting design (180° upward, 45° downward) to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Compatible with optional external EVF-DC2 for eye-level monitoring.
- Five function dials can be used for intuitive settings adjustments, and each can be customized to adjust specific functions for more personalized control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- The included LP-E17 lithium-ion battery offers approximately 295 shots per charge, or 425 shots when working in Eco mode.
- Manual pop-up flash is available for additional illumination.
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Included with the camera body is the versatile standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements help to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optimized lens placement works to reduce flare and ghosting. An Optical Image Stabilizer works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting and an STM stepping motor provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance.