Canon EF-S 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS
- EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 28.8-320mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/36
- Two Aspherical Elements, Two UD Elements
The EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens incorporates Canon’s 4-stop compensation Image Stabilizer technology. This allows the use of shutter speeds up to 4 times slower with no perceptible increase in image blur. Aspherical and UD lens elements minimize aberrations and contribute to overall image quality and fine delineation. A zoom lock lever holds the zoom in place at its widest point so that it does not extend while not in use. A wide rubberized zoom ring provides smooth and comfortable control over focal length adjustment.
Note: Compatible with cameras that have APS-C size sensors
- Image Stabilizer
- 4 stop Image Stabilizer (IS) extends low light options to previously unavailable levels. Photographers normally shooting handheld at 1/250 sec can switch on IS to obtain a similarly steady and blur-free result with a shutter speed of just 1/15 second. Image blur in low light and at long telephoto lengths is significantly reduced.
- Superior Image Quality
- Two UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) elements and several aspherical elements are used to suppress the effects of secondary chromatic aberrations, to obtain crisp, sharp, high-contrast images without fringing throughout the zoom range.
- Super Spectra Coatings
- Optimized Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping, suppress flare and ghosting. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
- Zoom Ring Lock Lever
- The zoom ring can be locked in place at its widest focal length in order to prevent the lens from physically extending while not in use.