Canon EF-M 28mm F3.5 Macro IS STM
- EF-M Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 44.8mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- One UD Element & Two Aspherical Elements
A compact prime designed for macro photography, the Canon EF-M 28mm f3.5 Macro IS STM from Canon is a 44.8mm-equivalent lens designed for APS-C-format EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its 1.2x maximum magnification and 3.7″ minimum focusing distance, this sleek lens is further distinguished by its integrated Macro Lite LED to provide additional illumination to close-up subjects. Aiding its ability to reproduce small subjects at greater than life size, the optical design incorporates one UD element and two aspherical elements to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations in order to provide a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
Find other Canon lenses here
Benefitting the optical attributes is a Hybrid IS image stabilization system that serves to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper results when working handheld and in difficult lighting conditions. A lead screw-type STM stepping motor also benefits handling by producing fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance to suit both stills and video applications. This AF motor can be manually overridden at any time by turning the dedicated focusing ring for making fine-tuned adjustments. Additionally, suiting the sleek stature of the Canon EOS M-series of cameras, this lens also sports a lightweight form factor and retractable design.
- A normal-length prime, this macro lens is designed for EF-M-mount APS-C-format mirrorless cameras and provides a 44.8mm equivalent focal length.
- One Ultra Low Dispersion element is used to control chromatic aberrations and two aspherical elements are also featured, including one double-sided aspherical element, to minimize spherical aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A maximum magnification of 1.2x is afforded for slightly greater-than-life size shooting at a minimum focusing distance of 3.7″ using the Super Macro setting.
- The built-in front-facing Macro Lite LED can be used to provide additional illuminations to subjects when working at close distances. The light can be configured to illuminate only the right or left side, or both sides, in order to produce greater visual depth and reduce shadows caused by the close proximity of the lens to the subject.
- Hybrid IS image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Lead-screw-type STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) lets you instantly switch to manual focus control in AF mode for making fine-tuned adjustments.
- Compact and lightweight overall form factor is aided by a retractable design for a more sleek profile during travel and storage. Additionally, the acute lens top shape, which is narrower than the main lens body, also helps to prevent casting shadows on close-up subjects.
- Included lens hood is threaded to accept 43mm filters.