Canon EF 800mm F5.6L IS USM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/32
- Two Fluorite Elements
- One Super UD Element and One UD Element
This lens shares the same lightweight, weather-resistant construction as the rest of the L-series super telephoto lenses, as well as their improved control layout, weight distribution, and mechanical manual focus. Its two-mode Image Stabilizer system allows the use of shutter speeds up to four times slower with no perceptible increase in image blur. Mode 1 is best used for still subjects while Mode 2 is optimized to pan with moving subjects.
An ultrasonic autofocus motor enables fast, smooth and quiet AF action, while a focus preset function allows you to store focusing positions and return to them in an instant when needed. An AF stop button will pause autofocus with just a touch and manual focus override allows precise manual focus even in AF mode. A focus range limiter function lets you to save time by establishing a focus distance range for your specific subject.
For optimum visual performance, the lens incorporates four types of special optical elements: aspherical elements to correct spherical aberrations, and refracting Fluorite, UD and Super UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements to eliminate secondary chromatic aberrations. An integrated, rotating tripod collar provides balance and stability and the rear drop-in filter slot and holder enable easy filter use. A large lens hood, hard case and lens caps are included.
- Magnesium alloy construction keeps its weight comparable to shorter telephoto lenses.
- Two-mode image stabilization; dual-axis camera shake correction or vertical axis only (for panning)
- AF Stop function shuts off autofocus when obstruction appears
- Focus preset function allows for returning to a specifically set focus by turning a ring in front of the focus ring.
- Focusing range limiter function lets you set the focus distance range for shorter focus times. The three ranges are 19.7′ – infinity (full range), 19.7 – 65.6′, and 65.6′ – infinity.
- Full-time manual focus override
- A tight seal structure ensures excellent dust and moisture resistant performance.
- Built-in rotatable tripod collar
- Fluorite, Super UD and UD (ultra-low dispersion) lens elements minimize aberrations and help to produce an overall sharp, high-contrast image.
- Super Spectra coatings reduce ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture produces attractive background defocus.
- Compatible with Canon EF1.4x II and EF2x II Focal Length Extenders