Canon EF 400mm F5.6L USM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/32
- One Super UD Element and One UD Element
- Super Spectra Coating
Mixing long reach with a relatively compact and lightweight design, the Canon EF 400mm f5.6L USM from Canon is a super telephoto L-series prime well-suited for sports and wildlife photography. Its advanced optical design incorporates a pair of low dispersion glass elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity, and a Super Spectra coating has also been applied to maintain contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging attributes, this 400mm f/5.6 also features a ring-type USM to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. Additionally, a removable rotating tripod collar is included for stable use of the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
Find other Canon lenses here
- Telephoto prime 400mm f/5.6 lens is compatible with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs as well as APS-C models where it will provide a 640mm equivalent focal length.
- One Super Ultra-Low Dispersion element and one ultra-low dispersion element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with a rear focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Built-in lens hood prevents stray light from causing ghosting or flare and also protects the front element from accidental impacts or scratching.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.