Canon 400mm F/5.6 Overview
The EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Lens from Canon is a high-performance telephoto prime lens designed with portability and easy handling in mind. One super UD-glass element and one UD-glass element minimize aberrations and result in sharp pictures. The lens also has a built-in hood and a detachable tripod mount.
An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) enables fast, smooth and silent autofocus and fulltime manual override allows for precise manual focus even in autofocus mode. A two stage focus range limiter is supported by this lens and is applied by a switch on the lens barrel. By limiting the range of focus distance, you can reduce autofocus time and establish focus quicker on the subject within that range. The two available ranges are 11.5′ to infinity and 27.9′ to infinity. The minimum focus distance for this lens is 11.5′.
A built-in lens hood to minimize flare and a removable, rotatable tripod collar for stable and secure tripod mounting are provided by this lens. The lens is also compatible with Canon EF1.4x II and EF2.0x II extenders.
- Super UD and UD Glass Elements
- One Super UD-glass element, whose characteristics are similar to fluorite and one UD-glass element minimize aberrations and result in sharp pictures from corner-to-corner.
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- An Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet autofocus.
- Focus Range Limiter
- On the 400mm f/5.6 lens you can choose the focusing distance range with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shorter. The two focusing ranges are 11.5′ to infinity and 27.9′ to infinity.
- Manual Focus Override
- Full-time manual focus override allows you to use manual focus mode for precision focusing at any time, even when in autofocus mode.
- Detachable Tripod Collar
- The 400mm f/5.6 lens includes a removable, rotatable tripod collar for stable and secure tripod mounting.
- Built-in Lens Hood
- A built-in lens hood deflects stray light, reducing flare.