Canon EF 28mm F1.8 USM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 44.8mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light and affords control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.