Canon EF 200mm F2.8L II USM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
A medium telephoto L-series prime, the Canon EF 200mm f2.8L II USM combines a flexible focal length with a modestly bright maximum aperture to realize a relatively compact and lightweight design well-suited for sports and portraiture applications. Its advanced optical design incorporates a pair of ultra-low dispersion glass elements to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to realize notable clarity and color accuracy, and a Super Spectra coating also helps to increase contrast when working in harsh lighting conditions. Benefitting the optics, a ring-type USM is employed, too, to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
Find other Canon lenses here
- Telephoto prime 200mm f/2.8 lens is compatible with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs as well as APS-C models where it will provide a 320mm equivalent focal length.
- Two ultra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with a rear focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.