Blackmagic Design BDLKMINIMON Overview
The Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor is a 1-lane PCIe slot playback card with SDI and HDMI outputs, compatible with 1-, 4-, 8-, and 16-lane PCIe slots. In contrast to a full capture and playback input/output card, the DeckLink Mini Monitor provides you with just the playback and monitoring functionality for performing color-correction and delivering client presentations on high-resolution HDMI or SDI monitors. The card supports up to 1080p30 formats and it outputs up to 10-bit uncompressed video.
You can output via both the SDI and HDMI connections simultaneously or just one of them. The outputs are active and begin functioning right away when you plug into them. The card also automatically switches between SD and HD formats, so it’ll handle all common video formats. Two PCIe shields are included for both full-height and low-profile PCIe slots.
Note: For use on a Mac, a Mac Pro is required with PCI Express slots.
- Key Features
- Playback and monitoring functionality for color-correction and client presentations on high-resolution monitors
- SDI output, 10-bit SD/HD switchable, supports 8 channels of embedded audio
- HDMI output, supports 8 channels of embedded audio
- Supports up to 1080p30 resolution
- Outputs up to 10-bit uncompressed video
- Support for YUV 4:2:2 sampling and 48 kHz/24-bit audio sampling
- REC 601/709 color space support
- Hardware-based real-time color space conversion
- Software-based down conversion during video playback
- Software-based cross conversion from 720p to 1080 HD on playback
- PCIe Compatibility
- PCIe 1-lane card, compatible with 1-, 4-, 8-, and 16-lane PCIe slots on Mac, Windows, and Linux (for use on a Mac, a Mac Pro is required with PCI Express slots)
- Supported Codecs
- AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, DNxHR, DNxHD, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2