7artisans Photoelectric 50mm F/1.8 Overview
Designed for Sony E-mount cameras, this 50mm f/1.8 Lens from 7artisans Photoelectric is a compact prime lens with completely manual operation. It works as a telephoto lens on cropped sensors, offering an equivalent focal length of 75mm that is well-suited to portrait and animal photography. A rounded 12-blade diaphragm results in pleasing bokeh and smooth out-of-focus areas, featuring a bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 that can be stopped down to f/16 to improve depth of field.
The lens’ optics feature 6 elements in 5 groups that are treated with a multi-layer high permeability coating, which helps reduce reflections and improve image quality. Both the focus and aperture rings are knurled to improve grip and are complemented by an engraved depth of field scale for easy operation. Other features include a minimum focus distance of 19.7″ for close-up shots and a 52mm front filter thread for mounting a wide variety of optional filters.
- 50mm prime lens with an equivalent focal length of 75mm, ideal for portrait work
- Mounts onto Sony E-mount cameras, designed to cover sensor sizes up to APS-C format
- Bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 for low-light shooting, stops down to f/16
- 12-blade rounded diaphragm results in soft bokeh and pleasing out-of-focus areas
- Manual focus and aperture rings with knurled areas for easy operation, complemented by engraved depth of field scale
- Lens elements features a multi-layer coating that reduces internal reflections, helping eliminate flares and ghosting
- Focuses as close as 19.7″ for shooting relatively near to your subject
- Front thread with a size of 52mm for accepting a variety of filters