7artisans Photoelectric 35mm F/2.0 Overview
Designed to fit Sony E-mount cameras, this black 35mm f/2 Lens from 7artisans Photoelectric is a prime lens for full-frame sensors with completely manual operation. It has a slightly wide focal length that is well-suited to street shooting and travel photography. A rounded 10-blade diaphragm offers pleasing bokeh and smooth out-of-focus areas, with a bright maximum aperture of f/2 that can be stopped down to f/16 to improve depth of field.
The lens’ optics feature 7 elements in 5 groups that are treated with a multi-layer high permeability coating, which helps reduce reflections and improve image quality. Both the manual and aperture rings have knurls to improve grip and are complemented by an engraved depth of field scale for easy operation. Other features include a minimum focus distance of 13.8″ for close-up shots and a 43mm front filter thread for mounting a wide variety of optional filters.
- 35mm prime lens designed for full-frame sensors, ideal for street and travel photography
- Mounts onto Sony E-mount cameras, including ones with cropped sensors where it acts as a “normal” lens
- Aperture range from f/2 to f/16
- 10-blade rounded diaphragm results in soft bokeh and pleasing out-of-focus areas
- Manual focus and aperture rings with knurled areas for easy operation
- Lens elements feature a multi-layer coating that reduces internal reflections, helping eliminate flares and ghosting
- Focuses as close as 13.8″ for shooting relatively near to your subject
- Front thread with a size of 43mm for accepting a variety of filters